Tuesday 15 March 2016

I'm speaking at the HNS Conference Oxford 2016!

I am delighted to announce that I have been invited to speak at the Historical Novel Society's annual conference in Oxford on 2nd - 4th September 2016.

And not just on one panel...but two!

On Saturday, 3rd September, at 2.30pm

Battle Scenes - Guts, gore and glory 

In which I will mostly be listening in awe to the following great authors: Justin Hill, Douglas Jackson, Simon Scarrow, Harry Sidebottom

I really cannot believe I am going to be on a panel with these luminaries of historical fiction!

On Sunday, 4th September, at 11.30pm

Working with an Agent v Going Solo - Comparing notes 

In which I will be chatting with fellow author, Hazel Gaynor, and agents, Lisa Eveleigh, and Joanna Swainson.

See the full programme here: https://hnsoxford2016.org/conference/programme/

There are still places available if you would like to book. It is not just for writers, but for all lovers of historical fiction.

If you are come along, let me know and I hope to see you there!



4 comments:

  1. Highly deserved, Mr. Harffy. Your path through publishing is worthy of note and the age about which you write is certainly soaked in gore. Maybe you can teach GRR. Martin a thing or two! I feel I am missing out, here in the Antipodes. Lots of blog posts please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Prue! Not sure I could teach GRR much about writing, but there is quite a bit of fighting in my books, it's true! It's a pity you can't attend, but it is a LONG way!

      Delete
  2. Your talks sound great, Matthew, and look forward to meeting you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you too. :-)

      Delete